Thursday, September 4, 2014

Alphabet Gems

We have a "free" table at our school.   It is where teachers put things that they don't want.   Sometimes the stuff is so old I wonder how it is still around, but sometimes you find a gem.   The other day I found some gems, literally...  I snatched them up.  I knew they were on my to buy someday list and I knew I had something with them pinned on my pinterest board.  Then I went to work.  I wrote letters on the back of the gems.  This proved to be more difficult than I first thought because I had to write the letters backwards in order for them to show the right way.   It was a real thinker, but I got it done.

I was then trying to figure out a way to use them.  I thought they would be great for letter matching in kindergarten so I made this letter printable that you can get free here.


The gems match up nice.   Then I made 5 sets of them, threw them in a bin, and wallah a quick center or intervention.  


Be sure to check out my Active Reading Board on pinterest  here for more great ideas!
Happy Thursday! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© 180 Days of Reading. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig