Friday, September 4, 2015

My Favorite Subject and Free on Friday

Whew I made it though my first week of back to school!  I was so excited to participate in a link up at Blog Hoppin' all week.  Be sure to check out all the days and read everyone's great posts HERE.

Well today is.....

I bet you can not even guess what my favorite subject is teach.  I eat, sleep, and breathe READING.  I love to teach kids to read.  Specifically, I like to teach students their letters and sounds.  I left Kindergarten six years ago, but it is still my favorite!  I love to see when they get the letter-sound connection.  I am so excited that my youngest is at this stage at home!!!


Seriously I love everything letters.  Some would say it is an obsession.  I have a hard time not buying magnetic letters when I see them of alphabet puzzles or block with letters...it is endless.  The more exposure they have to letters, the easier it is to make the connections they need to be readers.  I LOVE IT!

Also I always have a freebie on Friday, and today I have a brand new one for all of you!

Grab your freebie HERE it is only free for a limited time.

I can't wait to use these with my Kindergarten groups this year!  I made these alphabet tracers, as big as I could to fit on one page.  I am going to use them as letter-sound and letter rec practice as well as handwriting practice.  They will trace the letter while saying the letter name or sound.  This gets the brain firing and makes connections!  I made them free for the weekend so you can give them a try!  

Use cool smelly markers to make it even more fun.  Have them trace the letter multiple times repeating the letter name or sound each time, or if you are working only on handwriting have them repeat the strokes, for example: big line down, little curve, little curve for a capital B.  

They can match up to your letter you are learning that day or give it to a kid that has a certain letter that they are struggling with in their name.

Enjoy, and be sure to check out my other great resources in my store: HERE

I am so happy to have been able to link up with Blog Hoppin' this week for #teacherweek15.  Be sure to search the hashtag on social media for more great ideas!  Head over to Blog Hoppin' to read post from the whole week.
I am sad to see it end!



Amy

Also if you would like more great freebies, be sure to check out Teaching Blog Addict for more great Freebies!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© 180 Days of Reading. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig