Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Teacher Week Day 2: Make Ahead Meals!

Today is MAKE AHEAD MEALS!  I am so excited to get some great meal ideas today at BLOGHOPPIN'.

I have FOUR of my very favorites to share with you.  I have done a ton of meal prepping in my life for various competitions my husband and I have been in, and I have a lot of tried and true easy ideas.  All are still yummy the next day and some even taste better!



#1  Super easy chicken:  1 bag of frozen chicken.  1 packet of dried ranch.  That's it.  Dump chicken and dried ranch in crock pot, and cook for 6 hours.  Shred chicken with two forks.  Serve with a vegetable, or in a sandwich.

#2  Chicken on the Grill. Buy those chicken tender things. Marinate chicken in Fat Free Zesty Italian Dressing over night.  Cook chicken on the grill.  I made the asparagus on the grill too.  I put asparagus on aluminum foil, drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with pepper and sea salt.  I wrap up the aluminum and throw it one the grill.  Done.  Chicken is still tasty the next day.




#3  Taco Tuesday...we have it almost every Tuesday.  I have found the ground turkey holds the flavor of the season even better than beef.  This seasoning rocks and so do the taco shells.  Cook turkey in skillet until it looks done.  Dump the packet of seasoning in.  Heat on low until your husband gets home.  Throw the meat in a shell add cheese, lettuce, tomato or anything else you may like.  This meat taste even better the next day.  It also is great on a salad.  YUM.  Luckily it's TUESDAY!


#4  A great snack, because I can't make it through the day without a snack (or two)  Buy your favorite cottage cheese.  Even if you don't like cottage cheese, give this a try, you might like it.  Add a ranch packet to the cottage cheese, stir it up.  Dip your favorite veggies in!  It tastes better than most veggie dips.  You can use a blender to blend out the chunks and make it smooth, but who has time for that? Have about 6 almonds with your veggies and dip, and you have a great snack! 


I hope you enjoy my meals.  Let me know if you give them a try and like them!  I can't wait to read all the other great meal ideas at BLOGHOPPIN'
Be sure to check them out!

See you tomorrow!  My first day with kids!!!!
Amy







No comments:

Post a Comment