Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Get your year started right with these FREE phonics games, activities and ideas!

Found this post in my drafts from 2019.   Still true today so thought I would finally post it! 

Eventhough I hate to admit it, summer is widing down.
It is always bittersweet for me.
I LOVE being home and I LOVE summer,
but I also LOVE helping students read.

As the new year approaches, with anticipation, excitement, and new ideas, I though I would share some free resources for you to use in your classroom this year.  New ideas always bring me new found motivation and excitement.  How about you?

Download and print whatever calls to you, and get ready for those smiling faces!
If you find something you like, share this post with a friend,  or on social media so others can find it too!    Don't forget to leave me some love in the form of feedback on each download. :)



These free printable movements are a great way to review high frequency words at the begining of the school year!




 At the begining of the year I always review open and closed syllables.  This sort really helps to solidify the skill.



                  Secret words are a super fun way to review any words at the beginning of the year!





This beat the rabbit game is so simple yet so effective at reviewing any skills.  You try to erase the word, fact, or question before the kids answer it.  It is a great way to build speed and fluency.




Nonsense words are a great way to start the year.  It is a great way to prepare students for reading big words.  It trains them to look for closed syllables in bigger words.







Like what you see? You haven't seen anything yet, make sure you follow me on social media.  I have endless ideas!  :)








Get reading ideas sent right to your inbox!

* indicates required
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© 180 Days of Reading. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig